Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Capture Your Grief- Day 9

Day 9--In Memory

Oh, the things we have done in memory of Kale.  That sweet boy is such a large part of our lives.  This summer he celebrated his first birthday.  And so we planted a tree in our front yard for him.  It was wonderful, and healing, and I love seeing that tree every day.  I can't wait to watch it grow bigger and stronger every year.  We hope to expand around the tree, create a little garden bed, with flowers, and pinwheels (since we can't leave those at the cemetery) and other things that are meaningful to us.



I have also done a lot of sewing for bereavement groups.  Particularly Teeny Tears and Angel Outfitters. When Kale was born I had a little Teeny Tears diaper I made him, and a tunic from Angel Outfitters he wore that matched.  He was buried in one of the tiny diapers and I keep the other one as a memento.  Providing this items for other families who are heartbroken at the death of their baby is such a peaceful feeling for me.  The service I'm providing in Kale's memory, and the little cards they receive that have his name on them, help me move forward sometimes.  They help me know that Kale will never been forgotten and his memory will live forever.  The families that have, or will receive a little diaper set for their baby, or a bunting and hat set will always remember his name.  They will probably treasure the little card that has his name on it.  They might have even googled his name and found my blog with his story.  I don't know.  All I know is that it's done for him.


No comments:

Post a Comment