Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Capture Your Grief- Day 8

Day 8--Resource

(From CarlyMarie) "When we become bereaved, in the beginning, many of us look outwards for help. We set out in the night with a blanket and a lantern in search of others like us. Along the road we usually find someone or something and it is with that discovery that we can walk this road with understanding company we watch the sun begin to rise over our worlds again."

I find that the be very true.  And I did that same thing.  After Kale's diagnosis, I turned to a friend of a friend, who had lost her little girl to Potter's 9 years ago now.  Just to be able to talk to someone who knew what I was going through, knew the choices I had laid in front of me was healing.

There are so many support groups out there.  There's national groups, and local groups, and groups specific to the type of loss, and religious groups.  They all had something to offer me, at different times.  One wasn't better than the other, they each had their place.  It's nice to hear about other's who understand how carrying a terminal baby is so very very difficult. But it's also nice to participate in a general loss community who just want people to remember and acknowledge their babies.

I'm not an active participant in any of the groups, but I have turned to them in silence research to help me get through things, and to remind myself that I'm not alone in the journey.  

No comments:

Post a Comment