Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Capture Your Grief- Day 12

Day 12--Music

I can't say there's something specific in regards to music that just gets me every time.  It completely varies from day to day.  Some days I can't listen to the radio at all, because so many songs make me miss Kale and make me cry.  Sometimes I'll be sitting in a church meeting and the song will just hit me and I have to stop singing.  I just never know.



Always though, Tribute by Jon Schmidt will get me.  We played that song as Kale's graveside service and it will always be very meaningful to me.  I actually haven't even attempted to play it on the piano since he died.  I don't think I'd be able to get through it.  The first part of the song is very lonely sounding.  And then it pauses and it's upbeat and happy.  It's rejoicing.  I picture the first part as life without Kale.  Life without any of those we love, when we're lonely.  And that pause. That pause is us dying and going through to the other side.  And then we're rejoicing, we're reunited with those we've missed and those we've loved.  Just picturing that moment makes me cry.  Some days it's all I can do to not wish that time would just BE here, and I could be reunited with Kale.  But I know it will happen eventually, so I just keep going, and imagine that sweet moment when my family is whole and together again.

No comments:

Post a Comment