Monday, November 12, 2012

Trunk-or-Treat!

Y'know what I love about living in a small town?  Well, there's a lot of things, but I love that we do Trunk-or-Treating as a TOWN.  I know a lot of neighborhoods who do it with their local church, and then they also do regular trick-or-treating around the neighborhood.


Not here.  The street is closed off with our fire truck, the cars are all parked facing the sidewalk, and the kids line up at the corner by the first car.  The fire truck blasts it's sirens and the kids are off!  Down the street, from trunk to trunk, collecting their candy.  


We moved a little slow this year, Martin's little indian loin cloth wouldn't stay on, and his candy bag was a bit big for him.  I bet he could have fit in it...


However, the kids had a blast, the weather was amazing (like 70degrees that day!!) and my favorite part?  Home within half an hour, kid to bed on time, and no one knocking on my door all night.  I love that.

1 comment: