Monday, November 05, 2012

A visit from Cam

A few weeks ago our friend Cam stopped by and stayed with us for a few days.  We were really just a bed for him to crash at on his cross country drive (actually we didn't even have a bed, just a couch).  He's in the Coast Guard and was heading from Boston to California via his parents current state of Georgia.  

While he was here, I took advantage of a hiking buddy and we attempted to find a little kid-friendly hike up a local canyon. We failed miserably.  However, we did find some random campgrounds, a little stream to play in, a bridge and a grave.  




Seriously though, does that NOT look like a dug up grave? Just a little bit??


Cam was trying to teach Katryn how to read this sign.


And every kids dream--a river!  This was about how deep it was all the way across all 10 feet of it.  Perfect for the kids to play in and hop around on the rocks.


Martin liked throwing the rocks in.  Shocker, I know.

Both my kids have a bit of a rock obsession.  Katryn picks up multiple rocks a day for her 'collection' (which is thankfully located outside). and I wash at least 1 rock every time I wash her clothes.  Mostly because i don't think to check her pockets.  Or anyone's pockets for that matter.  I washed Matt's USB drive a while back, and I have washed his work credit card multiple times.

I guess I need to start checking pockets...

Anyway, we had fun visiting with Cam while he was here, and Katryn STILL talks about when Cameron came and visited and the things they're going to do next time he comes and visits her (not us, but her).  {{hint, hint Cam!  Come visit again!!}}

1 comment:

  1. Every kid needs a rock collection, I just wish that my kids would keep theirs outside! And you better start checking pockets - especially as Martin gets older!

    ReplyDelete