Thursday, August 16, 2012

Back to School!

We're gearing up around here.  Getting ready to start school next week.  I've already talked about what I have planned for Katryn's school year.  Almost everything is purchased.  Still need to purchase the materials for piano and history.  I had planned on using Confessions of a Homeschooler's Road Trip USA, but that doesn't really cover history--it's more geography.  And I don't think she's ready for that yet.

 It took me a while to find a history that I thought would work for her age, and didn't require a ton of prep on my part.  I was leaning towards waiting to start a formal history until next year until I came across this history.  It's perfect.  Not too much busy work, and gave me options for extra stuff.  Also has everything planned out--tells me what we should cover each day.

We had plans to start school the first week in august, but instead we went camping with family.  And had a BLAST.  It was such a relaxing break (more on this in another post).  Only we came back and had a funeral to attend (more on that in another post as well). And Martin has been sick all week, just getting into the upswing of things, so school will be starting NEXT week.  I'm not too worried about when we start, because I ran out of stuff by the middle of April if I remember correctly.  Now school will just last a little longer.

I think I'm ready.  I've been working hard on planning everything out--what subjects what days, going through all the books, assembling everything. . .I think we're as ready as we're going to be.

And she's not the only one starting 'school'.  I am too!

Kinda.  Sorta.

Maybe not really.

However, I AM changing my scripture studying.  I have these two books to help me out.




Hopefully between them both I will get some wonderful, spiritually-fulfilling, studying out of them!

Not just that as well, I'm also going to be starting a 12-week photography course, to help improve my photos for my recipe blog.  

(photo from: The Food Bitch Blog)

Hopefully by Thanksgiving I'll have some awesome skills using my DSLR.  I've had this fancy camera for probably close to 4 years, and I still shoot in automatic.  It's rather embarrassing.  But we're not going to discuss that OR how I would have failed my photography class in high school if it weren't for my good friend and his personal dark room.     

Wish us luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment