Sunday, August 15, 2010

Before and After

We recently decided we were sick of weeds and dirt for a front yard. And the goats and horses that happen to wander through and leave presents I don't want to pick up.


That and with 2 kids and 2 dogs, I needed someplace I could stick them all when I needed a break. Katryn loves to be outside, and I didn't want her in our own yard!! We would have loved to do it ourselves, but with Matt going to school and work, and Martin in the hospital and the traveling I'm doing to see him everyday, it just wasn't feasible for us.

So we recruited Matt's brother Seth, and his Father-in-Law's landscaping company. That's Seth in the above picture, busy killing off everything in the yard. We may need him to come do that to our backyard next.

Then his crew got to work!!

They took out all the plants, including the tree I hated in the front corner. The leveled the yard out and put a sprinkler system in.

A beautiful fence, big enough no one can get out, but small enough that our house still looks welcoming.


and GRASS!!! I forgot how wonderful this is.

The left flowerbeds all around the grass and fence for me to plant whatever I want there. Still not sure WHAT I want, but it's nice to know it's there.

And there you have it. We actually have a YARD now, and I love it!!

6 comments:

  1. Looks amazing! I love the fence! It's amazing how much a yard can add to the look of your house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! It's beautiful! They did a really fantastic job! I can't wait to see pics of the dogs and kiddos playing out there. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great! A couple more weeks and I can come and see it all in person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks Beautiful!!! You guys deserve a nice yard to play in :) I love it and can't wait to see what you will plant in those fun dirt beds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks really nice. I am sure you and your kids will love it!

    ReplyDelete