Thursday, November 19, 2009

Preview

About a month ago, we moved into our NEW home!! it was awesome. Kind of stressful, and we're still not completely unpacked (actually, we're still not even completely moved, we still have plenty of things at matt's parent's house)

Our first morning there, this is what we woke up to find:


Yes, sheep, grazing in our front yard. We don't have much grass as it is, so it was sad to see these sheep eating it. and it was weird. We really did move to the middle of nowhere.


Here's our little house. We don't have picture taken of the inside yet, because I've been a little busy with other things. You'll see in a minute.

This is part of our backyard. The grassy part. ACtually, it's where our washer drains, so it's always nice and green. It's also our dryer, if you look higher in the picture, you can see the line. and that board? just left of the green patch? that's our sump hole. (aka-septic tank) yeah, it's awesome! and no, it doesn't stink, and no Katryn has not fallen in yet.


This is one of the ways we get to heat our house in the winter time. It's expensive to fill it up front, but then we don't have to worry about higher heating bills in the winter time! We also have a wood stove in our basement.

and yes, you can see by our garbage can, we live in the country. (we actually saw move dogs than people the first week or so--a LOT of dogs)

and this is what has been keeping me busy:


Yes, there is a creature growing inside of me right now, and well, it's a little exhausting to grow a kid!! it's expected to arrive in May, and we're crossing our fingers that it decides May is a good month to come, and doesn't try to come too much before then. (this picture is about 11 weeks, so the baby is about 1 inch)

You see, I was diagnosed with subchrionic hemorrhage. that basically means there is a pool of blood just hanging out between my uterus and placenta. (the placenta is what holds the baby in) usually the placenta and the uterus create an awesome seal, but sometime the seal can seperate a little bit, or just never attach properly, and therefore blood tends to pool there.

Because of that, I have random gushes of blood that cause me to freak out (and the first time, run to the ER on advice of my midwife) and think I'm miscarrying. I've had about 5 of them in the last 3 weeks. When they happen, I go on bedrest until the bleeding stops, and drink water until it's coming out of my ears.

I was also diagnosed with a blighted ovum, also commonly called the vanishing twin syndrome. When they gave me an ultrasound to determine that yes, my baby is still healthy and growing right on track, and yes I do indeed have a SCH (subchrionic hemorrhage) they saw the blighted ovum. It's basically just a second, empty sac where a baby should have been. for whatever reason it didn't develop, or it wasn't developing properly and died. We won't ever know.

Anyway, this baby is still growing, and although it's a hard pregnancy so far, it should get better! We're excited for may to come so we can add to our family!

10 comments:

  1. love the pics, and glad that things look up for your baby. we had country garbage service in lake shore - be sure to have it out early in the morning, they sometimes came too early to us! :)Hope that this pregnancy gets better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your having lots of fun at your new house! plenty of new adventures for tryn! Congrats about your baby on the way....hopefully things start getting better and you dont have to spend to much time in bed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on everything, Krystal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an exciting time of life-new house AND new baby! Congratulations! Hope things get better with the pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the house and baby. I hope that things go well for the move in and prenancy. Where in the country did you guys move to?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute house you have :) It sounds like life is very exciting these days for you guys! Congrats on the baby, be sure to take it easy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see the house! (in person) Lots of dogs and random sheep huh. Our neighborhood will have lots of African-Americans... I hope things improve with the pregnancy. That would freak me out. We got together with some people from high school last night (Becky Whatcott Maddox (and huband & baby), Bryan Pitt, Jessica Ann Pitt, Scott Murff and Amanda Pilmer. We reminisced, looked at old yearbooks, and played games. I remember you in high school most like the photo in our Junior yearbook. Rachael was blown away when I showed her that. I thought you were the coolest for being a punk rocker girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The house is so cute! I'm glad y'all found a place that you liked.

    So very scary about the SCH. I hope that the bleeding episodes don't happen too often. Best of luck; I will keep you and the little one (does it have a nickname yet?) in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun for you guys. This is Abbi (Spencer) Penn by the way. Your make awesome cakes and are so good at it. I am sorry about your pregnancy. I hope it will get better for you. It is no fun having a hard pregnancy. It is worth it in the end though:) Take care and hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Krystal, thanks for your comment! Email me your address and we'll send you a book!

    P.S. I hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete