Monday, October 26, 2009

Wedding Cake

This is my first wedding cake. I made it for Natalie's dad, who got remarried about a month ago. It's an interesting cake. The bottom is 1/2 rice krispie treat, and 1/2 wedding cake. The middle tier is all rice krispie treat, and the top tier is all wedding cake. Chocolate with raspberry filling. Mmm, it was good.

The ribbons coming out from the top layer are part of a Peruvian wedding tradition (the bride is Peruvian). Each ribbon has a small charm of some sort attached to it. All the single ladies pull a ribbon out, and who ever gets the charm shaped like a wedding ring, is the next to get married!

It was a lot of work, but as an amateur decorator, it's amazing to do a wedding cake, and so worth it.

3 comments:

  1. Krystal, that is an awesome cake! Who would have thought of the rice krispie treats? That is a fabulous idea.

    In other news--David told me you guys moved to Goshen! I haven't read your blog in awhile, so I was right out of the loop on that one. I hope you like the move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! That looks beautiful! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake is amazing!!! Good job!

    ReplyDelete