Saturday, April 11, 2009

My new toy

I finally bought it. I've been eyeing this wheat grinder for a while now, and I sucked it up and bought it today. The tax return sure helped! It's the Wonder Mill grinder, and I'm got BIG plans for this thing!

Our goal is to become better at using our food storage. The LONG-TERM food storage that is. We always eat out of the panty, mostly because I hate grocery shopping. Thank goodness for the food co-op and giving me a fair share of fruits and veggies.

One of the things I liked about this mill, as opposed to other mills was the two parts. The mill, and the flour container. I can grind 12 cups of flour, and then store the mill in the storage room. The flour can stay in my kitchen in it's own container! Space is limited in our little basement apartment, so size was important.

I've got bread going right now, and I have a few other things I want to try, like this cream'o'chicken soup recipe that uses bean flour (and therefore makes it dairy free so Katryn can eat it!)

2 comments:

  1. You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will love this thing. We sure love ours. I got a great whole wheat pancake recipe I should give you (I didn't say it was healthy, but it is good and filling!) AJ

    ReplyDelete