Monday, April 20, 2009

My garden!

Last year, my garden totally failed. Mostly because I forgot to water it. It was totally my fault. It also didn't help that Katryn was only about 6 months old, couldn't crawl yet, and was only napping for 30 minutes at a time. It didn't give me much room to do much of anything!

So far I have 2 rows of peas planted, and 1 row of spinach. Look at my peas growing! yay! I kind of took over my parents garden a little bit, since they'll be gone all summer and I don't have the space for one here.

In the next few weeks I'll plant my tomatoes, peppers, zucchini, and squash. Maybe a melon too. . .we'll see if Matt gets transferred. If that's the case, I'll give my garden up to Glenn. He was planning on taking full advantage of it anyway.

Yup, since we didn't get the promotion we were expecting, we're looking to move.

To Georgia. (!!!!)

In which case, we'll be visiting you Ashley :)

Why Georgia you ask? Well, the housing market is fantastic. We could move, without Matt getting a promotion and be able to buy a house on our income. Here? There's NO WAY we could afford a house on this income. Shoot, we can't even afford rent here! We live with his parents so I can stay home with Katryn.

Second, there's about a gamestop on every corner. Within a 20 mile radius of a house we're looking at, there's over 30 gamestops. Here? Within 20 miles there's 4. That means there's a HUGE chance he would get promoted faster.

Until we know for sure though, we're growing our garden! We're teaching Katryn to pull weeds. Well, she likes to pick up the sticks. But our garden will work this year!!

2 comments:

  1. WOW. GA!? But I haven't even gotten to hang out with you guys yet! Plus I've never met Katryn! You can't move!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! I would be excited if you moved closer to me! I got some basil and oregano from the horticulture club the other day...my first attempt at a little herb garden, I'm excited! =)

    ReplyDelete