Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Countdown


I created this pretty little advent calendar for us this year, since I never got around to doing one last year. Very, very easy to make as well! It's on a large canvas, and the tins I bought at Michael's in their wedding section. The chipboard letters came from walmart, and I used stickles to make them all sparkly. Man, I love those stickles.

The tins are secured with velco, and inside each one I have a little piece of candy and an activity for us to do that day. Things like "Read a Christmas Story" or "Make cookies" or "Build a snowman" (That one had the luck of coming on a day when there was no snow! it should have been today's! it's a whiteout out there!!) Then I can take the tin off, eat the candy (actually, they mainly went into a bowl on the table) and keep the activity in the tin for next year!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: