Monday, November 03, 2008

Tis the Season

To give.

Local food banks have empty shelves. In our part of the country, the boy scouts are having an emergency food drive to help provide food for the banks. With the economy in a slight slump, a lot of families are relying on the food banks to feed their family. And if the shelves are empty? There are kids who aren't eating. I imagine everyone could at least donate 1 can of tuna, or a package of ramen noodles. They're also in need of hygiene items, like shampoo and toothpaste. Every little bit helps someone in need. Count your blessings that you're in the postion to give, and not in the postion to recieve, then give with a big heart.

Pack a shoebox for Operation Christmas Child. What a wonderful way to teach children to think of others and serve them in this season of normal greed. And for not much, you can give a child a Christmas they wouldn't have otherwise.

There's lot you can do to help those in need. These are two causes that have touched my heart lately, and I thought them important enough to share with you all. For me, I'm lucky enough to have all that I have (which isn't much) but others aren't so lucky, and I feel the need to help them out. I hope you all can find that place in your heart that will give a little bit this season!

4 comments:

  1. But... what about thanksgiving?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, the operation christmas child makes it seem like thanksgiving is skipped, but these boxes are due before thanksgiving, so they can get them to the kids.

    and I think giving is a B-I-G part of thanksgiving. Not just giving thanks for you what you have, but then turning around and sharing what you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, you can help BYU beat the Utes in the annual Food Drive before the big game. It ends this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Krystal~

    Thanks for the comment. I thought you might be interested in where I got them. My mom found them at Pebbles in my Pocket. They are around $12.00 and you get everything you need to make them. I got some dots to make the letters stick out a little, but you don't need them. Also you have to have a way to glue them on.(We used modge podge) Anyways, a cheap cute decoration.

    ReplyDelete