Sunday, October 19, 2008

My dog Indy


When I was a teenager, I would go to church camp every summer for about a week. And I was an angel child too--just wanted to make a record of that. Ok, so angel's probably not quite the right term. But that's a post for another day and time.

Anyway. . .there was a song we'd sing around the campfire. I don't know the title, but here are the words.

(first thing you'd do is pick a bean--I'll do jelly for this version)

My dog jelly likes to roam,
my dog jelly he left home
he came back,
quite unclean,
where oh where has jelly been?

Jelly bean, jelly bean,
where oh where has jelly bean?

Then we'd pick another bean and sing the song again and again.

This is how I sing it now:

My dog Indy likes to roam,
my dog Indy, she left home
she came back,
quite unclean,
where oh where has indy been?


The little stinker runs whenever she can!! If she can make it out the door, she's off like a bullet, with a huge grin on her face. A few day ago, she made it into the neighbors backyard. Which she loves because their entire backyard is pretty much a garden. She loves all the smells.

Normally she doesn't get out. We have a fenced in backyard, so she can roam around there, dig all the holes she wants, and cause trouble back there.

But if she'd have her way, she'd be roaming the streets for a few days. unless it was raining, then you couldn't get her to even stick her nose outside.

Yup. that's my dog. gotta love her.

2 comments:

  1. That is such a cute dog!!! Thanks for the fun song to go along with the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your comment on Pioneer Woman. I had to come leave a comment about your Rat Terrier. I love that she has the erect ears. Adds so much personality! My Kisser does too! I could tell similar stories about Him. She seems like a precious pet!

    ReplyDelete