Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My Inspiration to Blog

I used to be a rather avid blogger. I'd blog daily, or at least weekly, back when I first started blogging. That was years ago. . .ok, only about 3 and 1/2 years ago. I blame Asmond. It's really all his fault that I started blogging. (don't worry, it's not a bad thing!) I was spending a lot of time with him at the time, in an effort to find a new social group so I could cut myself off from the other one, who had too many ties with my ex-boyfriend (who is now my husband. . .funny how those work out eh?)

At the time though, the blog was just what I needed, it was just for me, to vent and get my feelings out. and it worked splendidly! It started as an annonymous blog, but through time, it's become more open. Although I try to respect those who still prefer their blog to be annonymous. . .speaking of which I should go update my blog roll for those who are annonymous.

My blog also had a purpose at the time I started it, besides to get my vent. The title of my blog "this is what living like this does" came from a song, and every blog post I tried to title after a song. sometimes it was the title of the song, more often it was a line from the song that hit me, and I loved. Yeah, I kind of deteored from that as well. maybe eventually I'll get around to doing that again. Since I started that blog, I've started other blogs as well. I have a blog for my writing, which I hardly do any more. I have a blog about stories of my daughter. I've also recently started an annonymous blog for my recipes, and a blog linking to it about how I'm a cheapskate, and how I like to save money, prepare for the future in different ways. And how I don't do very well most of the time. But I'm trying! and that's what counts.

I've pretty much become a blog junkie---all because of asmond.

5 comments:

  1. Love the cheapskate blog - I didn't know you had that. You're so prolific! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started my blog back in February I think! I love to post pictures of my horses, dogs and my granddaughters. I don't post every day but try to a few times per week. Come and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogging really is addictive. I've been doing it on and off for 10 years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yipee! I love 'cheapskate' blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bah humbug! I'll have you know that I merely pointed out the path, you're the one that had blogging inside!

    ReplyDelete