Thursday, April 03, 2008

I'm still here!

I like to blog every few days, and I feel like I've been gone for so long! There are really 2 reasons I've been MIA, the first: My parents were watching my oldest sister's kids for a week, while they went to Hawaii (lucky ducks) and so I was spending a LOT of time over there with Indy and Katryn. Indy was the entertainment/tool to wear them out.

The second reason has to do with Eliot, my laptop. Yes, I named it. That way when I go to shut it down, it says "turn off Eliot" instead of "turn off computer". More personal that way :) Anyway, poor Eliot has been a bit beat up since Katryn came. I tend to just push it around on the bed (because that's usually where we spend the day, the fireplace makes the room too hard to leave!) depending on what I need to do. Because of that, the power cord has got a short it in, from the cord being bent too much from me sliding it around. It was really temperamental for a while, need the cord to be just right for it to charge. Well, it eventually got to the point, where it was no longer charging and the computer just died. Poor Eliot. Now we have to get a new power cord.

I loved being able to use the laptop because I could hold Katryn and still use it without a problem. Now we just have Matt's computer (which he just upgraded yesterday, but I can't tell a difference) but he likes to use it when he's home, and I can't really hold Katryn and use his computer. Not yet at least. But as nap times are getting better (translation: she doesn't need me to coax her to back to sleep every 5 minutes) I'll hopefully have more time to catch up on my blog! there's a lot of things I want to write about (I've had this nature vs nurture debate going through my head for a few weeks) but I won't be able to put pictures on, since all the pics are on Eliot. But hopefully we'll get a new cord soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment