Monday, October 08, 2007

boys will be boys

there's a little boy hiding inside my husband, yearning to get out and play games all day long. Matt actually manages a video game store, and he's going to school right now in "video game art/design and development". Yes, that's his major.

About once a week, he brings me home a game that he thinks I'll like to try. He gets to check anything out of his store for 3 days, so he gets movies and games for us. A few weeks ago, it was some sims pet game. Usually I'll try it for about 15 minutes, and then I get bored with it. I really do! Video games are really too complicated for me to play. I don't have the coordination for it. one button that moves your camera, one that moves your character, it's just too much for me.

Currently, Matt has Tetris home for me to play, which I actually really like. Still get my trash kicked when I play with him, but I don't care, everyone gets their trash kicked when they play with him, he's just really good. In high school, we'd get a bunch of people together, hook up two xboxes, and play halo against each other on 2 tvs in 2 different rooms. Please bear in mind, that I was usually the odd one out, sitting there, watching all these men become boys. It was actually quite humorous to me.

Lucky for Matt, I'm quite a patient wife, and it really doesn't bother me that he likes to play games. He listens to me when I say "hey, come pay attention to me" or "please go stop Indy from barking up a storm" or something like that.

I came home from work a little early today, Matt's off for the rest of the week, so i thought it'd just be nice to have an evening home with him. This is what I came home to:


I walked into the room, and turn on all the lights, because they had been playing in the dark. I say "hey!" and got absolutely no response. NONE! They were both playing separate games, and completely ignored me. I don't know how guys can do this. When I'm spending time with my girlfriends (yeah, that once every 6 months or whenever I have that time) I usually like to talk with them, or do something like scrap booking so we can talk. I guess boys are just different.

Men are from mars, women are from venus right? Yeah, this is what living like this does.

3 comments:

  1. Wow...you are patient. Andrew's not really into gaming, and I'm glad because I don't think I could stand it!

    Patrick really likes it though, which I'm sure you know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justin thinks we should get together, all of us, and then he can play games with Matt and you and I can do "whatever it is you do"--which I think referred to the applique stuff I had just shown you. Sounds like fun to me! AJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man... I remember doing that... such good times. And no, I was not in Utah. My parents were.

    ReplyDelete