Wednesday, August 31, 2005

What is it you need?

sometimes everything in life just clicks together, and you just want to jump for joy and say "yes that's right! it makes sense!" well, it still doesn't make sense, but I had one of those institute lessons that just burns into you, as if the teacher got up that morning and said "this lesson's for her today" he was even staring at me the whole time, and it was amazing.
I'm not even sure how we got onto the subject, it's a Doctrine and Covenants class, but we were talking about the importance of families, and how it's everything Satan fights against. The analagy my teacher gave was baseball as the dating game (this is where he was looking at me the whole time) where you're sitting at the plate and you just have to keep swinging, and yeah it sucks as you keep missing, and yeah, you want to give up, but eventually you will get a hit. As long as you're doing everything in your power, you're staying clean and rightous and you keep swinging the Lord promises that you'll get on base, and eventually home.
wow, that hit me so hard today! Because I've felt like that for a bit, like "what's the point? I don't want to have to be the one the seek someone out, I want someone to seek me out" but that's not me doing everything in my power. And my teacher is standing there, staring in my eyes, with a pleading look, telling me not to give up, to keep swinging, as hard as it is. He also said "And somehow you know when you've got a hit, before the ball even comes to you, as soon as the pitcher lets go you know that this is the one for you, and you're going to get a hit and make it on base, which will eventually lead you to home. so move forward with faith!
and it's interesting, because I keep getting that feeling, that I'm going to get my hit soon. So what I doing? I'm doing everything in my power and keep on keeping on because the Lord's going to give me hit. It's guarenteed! :)
anyway, it made my day and it was absolutely amazing to hear that, it was exactly what I needed to hear. And the thing I love about that is something another institute teacher said. The spirit of the Lord goes through the students, up through the Lord and the Spirit, and to the teacher, so he knows what to say, back out to bless the students. I like that because when lessons hit me like that, I know I'm in tune and it's fantastic to know that this is what living like this does.

No comments:

Post a Comment