Monday, August 15, 2005

dealing with the drama

I work with a bunch of girls, and I mean that in the worst way possible I believe. They really are just a bunch of petty selfish girls! and I'm sick of the drama that comes with working with them. all they seem to be able to do is pick a fight with each other about dumb things like what the priorities are of the store. I want a work place where I don't have to worry about who's going to be mad at who for something so-and-so said about what they did, or whatever it happens to be. I don't want to have to worry about if the way i act is going to be deemed offensive to someone else, because they're already too high strung about what they fear is going on. I don't want to have to sit and wonder if the two people out on the floor are talking about me, or if I'm going to be confronted about something that I mentioned to someone isn't anyone's business anyway.
so I wonder, why do girls feel this need to have control over others? Why do they feel the desire to judge others? Why do they act one way to your face, and tell you how much they love your example of Christianity, only to turn around and tell another that they think you are a hypocritical christian, because you don't jump and the chance to help a customer with every whim (to be honest, when you have more than one person trying to put together a piece of furniture, it can be frustrating, so I stay put). that's where I draw the line. We all have faults, this I know, we are all imperfect people, but dang it, I'm doing the best I can. I try to stay out of the drama, and I try to be as friendly as I can to all the employees and the customers. I know how to play the game, I have 4 sisters. everyone just needs to sit down and battle it out. say the things that piss you off, get it out of your system NOW and then get back to work. I don't want to have to take my work life home with me, I want to leave work and forget about it until I have to go back, I want to be able to walk out that little pink door and say "that was a good day" not "thank heavens I'm done, I was going to kill someone with their freakin' attitude".
so I'm thinkng of transferring to the other location because there is so much less attitude there, and the girls seem really nice, and it's not that much more of a drive (especially if I'm coming straight from school.) it would be so much better I think, and then all the girls at the other store would hate me for ditching them. . .*sighs* this is what living like this does

No comments:

Post a Comment